Tax consultancy practice
The tax team at HAVEL & PARTNERS is comprised of fifteen specialists and consultants who have long and extensive experience from three of the Big Four companies (EY, PwC and Deloitte) and are prepared to assist clients in all fields of local and, to a considerable extent, international taxes. Members of the team who operate primarily in Prague and, to a limited extent, in Bratislava, are able to provide excellent tax services to multinational corporations, local business groups, private clients and their families.
We ensure that legal and tax services are very closely linked to each other with the aim of providing clients with complete services in one place. A tax team that is an integral part of the legal practice structure and the presence of tax attorneys establishes a unique degree of interconnection of tax and legal agendas and thus creates the maximum synergy of services in these two areas. We offer a unique combination of legal expertise and knowledge, with regard to both national and international tax issues.
We are the most recommended law firm in the Czech and Slovak official Law Firm of the Year awards in the Tax Law category.
Tax services for private clients
- advisory to owners and managers of companies, athletes, artists and significant public figures
- tax structuring of possession, administration and protection of private property
- preparing tax returns of natural persons including the related communication with tax authorities
- all-year advisory reducing the stress of the last days prior to the submission of the tax return
- comprehensive representation of natural persons based on a general power of attorney, taking care of all communication with the tax authority
Tax services for corporate clients
- regular and comprehensive tax services and advisory for large corporations
- preparing corporate income tax returns and related documents for future tax inspections
- reviewing and structuring contracts with suppliers and customers (including coordination of the legal and tax team without needing any assistance from the client)
- tax structuring of transactions and investments
- support in all tax areas of doing business in the Czech and Slovak Republics, in particular corporate income tax, VAT and employee taxation
- handling transfer prices including preparation and updates of the respective documents
- assistance to corporations receiving investment subsidies (tax credits), preparation of their corporate income tax return, assistance during follow-up inspections by the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Industry and Trade and communication with public authorities
- assistance to corporations claiming tax deductions for research and development (assessing the entitlement to claim tax deductions and the compliance of prepared documents with statutory requirements, and preparing the documents as such)
- active communication with auditors and corporate management in HQs, assistance in case of issues with an international element and group-wide implications
- representing clients before the tax authority during tax inspection and other proceedings
- VAT compliance for foreign entities registered for VAT in the Czech Republic
- comprehensive tax due diligence