Our team of seven experienced lawyers specialising in insurance law and the insurance business has gained extensive expertise in legal advisory provided to clients in the insurance industry including insurance companies or insurance and reinsurance brokers. The team is one of the most preferred legal advisors for the Czech Association of Insurance Companies (association of insurers doing business in the Czech market) and the Czech Association of Insurers (professional organisation of insurance companies authorised to provide motor third party liability insurance).
We provide our clients with comprehensive legal advice in all areas of law related to their business. The services provided by the law firm HAVEL & PARTNERS focusing on specific areas of the insurance business include the following services, among other things:
- client support in introducing new products, drafting and reviewing contractual and related documentation for newly introduced and existing products
- representing clients in judicial and extra-judicial disputes on insurance settlement from policies
- assessing disputable legal matters in claims handling
- drafting or reviewing contractual documentation on insurance distribution
- regulatory aspects of activities of insurers and reinsurers, insurance and reinsurance brokers, including the drafting of internal regulations, etc.
- e-communication with clients and making contracts using electronic means
- advice on personal data protection and non-disclosure obligation
- client support in drafting documentation submitted to and communicating with the supervisory authority, and representing clients in proceedings before the supervisory authority
- client support in detecting insurance fraud (in cooperation with the law firm SEIFERT A PARTNEŘI)